Let’s be honest: why do we push ourselves all day long on the bike? So that we can treat ourselves to the finest cuisine in the evening and, in good weather, experience the highlight that provides joy after all our exertions: jumping into the crystal-clear lake, a refreshing river, a pool or in the sea – simply wonderful! That’s why we say with utter conviction: we want to go for a swim after cycling!
In these hotels, you’ll at least be able to enjoy some cool water at the start – either the sea is not far away, there is a lake nearby or the hotel pool is right in front of your suntanned nose. They are the best places to switch off and dive in after a tour – and enjoy the nicest sundowners directly by the water …
After the bike ride is before the swim: from your tour directly into Lake Fuschl
Get inspired by our online magazin on biking & swimming. Who knows, maybe after your next road bike trip you can go straight to the picturesque Salzkammergut and the charming Lake Fuschl? It’s one of the “smaller” Salzkammergut lakes, has a turquoise to emerald colour and is still largely unspoilt. You can fill up your water bottle directly from the lake – it’s considered one of the cleanest lakes in the "Salzburger Land" and has drinking water quality.
All-round swimming talent
Diving into the water after your bike ride and swiming a few length not only has a very relaxing effect, but it also has a positive effect on regeneration for cyclists – and makes a road bike tour highly recommended. Also for people with no triathlon ambitions. The following 6 fitness and health grounds alone speak for the benefits of swimming:
- Gentle workout for the heart and circulation that is easy on the joints
- Good fitness and stamina training
- Heart muscles and respiratory muscles receive additional training through the water pressure
- Resistance training for the arm, shoulder & buttock muscles, stomach and torso
- Veins in the legs are actively strengthened
- And swimming is also a really good way to burn fat and slim down: 1 hour of breast stroke burns 531 calories - just as many as cycling.