Nauders, a village with 1,500 inhabitants, is situated on the Austrian side of the Reschen Pass and is known as the absolute bike centre of the entire region. As one of the officially approved mountain bike regions, Nauders is also perfect for road biking. Road bikers can enjoy their sport to their hearts content here between the Finstermünz Pass in the north and the Reschen Pass in the south – provided your stamina is good because there are over 20 passes in the vicinity of 100 kilometres!
There are only 3 roads leading out of Nauders but they take you to 3 different countries.
- To the north, you reach the Tyrolean Oberland,
- the road in southern direction leads you across the Reschen Pass to the almost Mediterranean Vinschgau.
- Bike in western direction, and you enter the Swiss Engadine behind the Ofenpass.
The annual road bike highlights are the legendary Three-Country Giro, the Race across the Alps and the Kaunertal “Gletscherkaiser”.
Road bike highlights of the region
- Stilfserjoch – 48 bends at over 2,750 m
- Around Lake Reschen
- Along the Via Claudia Augusta
- Passes as far as your legs can carry you. More than 20 passes within a radius of approx. 100 km.