Surrounded by vast vineyards and blessed with 300 days of sunshine a year: this is how the South Tyrolean Wine Route can be described. Here you bike past palm trees, cypresses and lemon trees and along vineyards and apple orchards. A quick dive into Lake Kaltern is the icing on the cake.
But the region also offers other event highlights: There is the car-free bike day at the Mendel Pass in September for example, and the Lake Kaltern Triathlon attracts many national and international top athletes to the region in spring. Thanks to the mild temperatures, the training conditions are already perfect then.
Roadbike highlights of the region
- Wine events along the wine route
- Tramin is the home of the Gewürztraminer wine
- Car-free cycling day on the Mendel Pass (September)
- South Tyrolean delicacies
- Long racing bike season from March - mid-November