Off you go: pack up your bike and experience multi-day tours
What was backpacking in the 1980s is now bikepacking. The uncomplicated cycle trips uncomplicated cycle trips! Enjoy the benefits of Roadbike Holidays and arrange a suitable complete bike package – including a noffer pure freedom and natureatural experience, a flair for adventure and a huge amount of cycling fun!
Unknown areas, long distances, a changing surface, rolling gravel, jumping naked into a secluded mountain lake, refreshing tired legs by the shore and filling up empty drinking bottles with cold river water – satisfy your hunger for adventure and set off into unknown terrain!
Every day in a new territory,
every night in another Roadbike Holidays Hotel
Recharge your batteries, leave behind the exertions of the day, replenish yourself and relax before starting the next day with a healthy athletes’ breakfast in freshly washed clothes – the exclusive laundry service at our Roadbike Holidays hotels makes it possible!
Because let’s be honest: despite all the sense of adventure, there’s nothing better than warm food, a soft bed and freshly washed clothes in the morning, is there?
So: pack your bike, leave unnecessary burdens behind and travel light! If you’ve finished planning your tours you just need to find the right one-night stop hotel or homebase for several days to relax after your daily tours – the Roadbike Holidays experts will happily take you under their wing.
Your uncomplicated packing list
As little as possible, as much as necessary. That’s the motto if you don’t want you and your bike to collapse on your travels. Because freedom on two wheels only feels good if it’s uncomplicated – and not wobbly. Whether you’re planning your multi-day trip with a road bike, MTB, e-bike or indestructible gravel bike – you should have a few basics for a (not just literally) uncomplicated trip. The perfect set-up is key for a bikepacking adventure – because every extra kilo counts on the bike.
Our tip for bikepacking novices: follow the 3 P rules:
- Packing list
Poorly packed and unbalanced bikes will quickly become an ordeal – so always pay attention to the balance. Lightweight handlebar bags are recommended for small items that you need close at hand. Nature survival equipment comes into the compact frame pack and saddle bags.
- (Protective) clothing for all possible weather conditions (rain jacket / trousers, bike gloves, hat, overshoes …)
- Reflective clothing or emergency lighting for unplanned evening trips or in the event of poor visibility
- Change of clothes – 1 set is enough thanks to the laundry service offered by all Roadbike hotels
- Repair kit, the necessary tools and repair set, particularly for tyres and chain
- First aid set, mosquito and sun protection
- Sunglasses, toiletries
- Identity cards, wallets and emergency contact (waterproof and kept securely)
- Mobile phone, charging cable and powerbank
- A traditional, analogue map – in case your mobile phone or GPS let you down
- Air pump and bike lock
- Lashing straps
- Water bottle and emergency snacks (power bars, mineral drink powder, …)
Bikepacking: specialist hotels
These hotels take you further – in the truest sense of the word! Do your legs need a break or are you looking for bikepacking expertise? Is it time for fresh laundry, some replenishments and a soft bed? Trust in the adventure competence of the Roadbike Holidays hotels specialised in bikepacking, who will be happy to support you: